March 24, 2009

A Word from Sonora Rockmauve

In my last post I asked the winner of my Twilight Movie Haiku Challenge to give us the inspiration for her beautiful haiku, and her acceptance speech for her award. Just in case you missed it, her award is all the bragging rights for beating everyone else into the floor. Without further ado.

Inspiration (think personal interview with Reader's Digest).


RD: What part of the Twilight series inspired your magnificent haiku?

SR: I would have to say a combination of scenes and feelings evoked from the reading of Twilight inspired my haiku. Having grown up in the Northwest I was accustomed to sunlight gently filtered through trees. In fact, as I now live in the desert, I sometimes find the glaring sun too harsh. When I think of Bella's walks in the woods I can feel the way the light would have felt for her and how different it would have been from what she was used to. It really was a "new world" for her. But not just because of the new physical terrain that surrounded her, but because of those ever-watchful "topaz eyes" and the new world they would introduce her to.

Acceptance Speech (think beautiful woman in hot-but-modest dress at the Academy Awards)

First of all I would like to thank all my friends and family who have supported me in this, my first writing competition. I couldn't have done it without you - especially my loving husband who was willing to being awoken in the middle of the night so I could bounce ideas off of his tired brain.

A great big "Thank You" to The Academy....oh wait...there isn't one.

And last, but not least, many thanks to the Haiku Master herself, Amy. If not for her, this new talent of mine might still be lying dormant in my heart.

0 Comments: