March 10, 2010

Reading Journal - February 2010

Books read in February. Once again, I have managed to forget them already. How does this happen?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

  • Figured out that all Jo's descriptions of ghosts involve the word silvery. I guess my unicorn blood theory is out. 
  • Most of Harry's problems could be solved by just opening up and talking to Dumbledore.
  • "Follow the spiders" has got to be Hagrid's worst advice in the entire series. 
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
  • I don't quite know how to describe my feelings on this one. I liked it, but trying to explain why is harder. It was a little bit mysterious, and suspenseful at times.
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
  • This book is amazing. It made me cry, and the ending...wow, it totally took me by surprise.
  • I watched the movie too, but the point of view changes didn't work in the movie like it did in the book. I think it was a bit confusing for those who hadn't read the book. Plus the ending was different, and I liked the book ending better. The movie was still good though.
The Highwayman of Tanglewood by Marcia Lynn McClure
  • I loved this book. This is one of my all time favorites by McClure. It is hard to compete with Shackles of Honor and The Visions of Ransom Lake. I guess it is officially in my top 3 though.
I think that is it. Wow, four books, that isn't much. Oh well, I guess it is pretty good. Here's to remembering all the books I will read in March.

Photobucket

5 Comments:

Britt said...

LOL on the Harry Potter stuff! :D

melissa @ 1lbr said...

The only way I remember what I read is if I have it on my blog somewhere. Really sad, actually. I should at least use a paper and pen.

Sharon said...

Good memory, and yes to the Harry Potter stuff.

Kim said...

I could read Harry Potter once a year and never get bored. Amazing books.

I haven't read any of Marcia Lynn McClure's books but I've heard about her. I'll have to try one sometime.

Shelley said...

I have to confess I'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan myself, but I have students in the college who will voluntarily read those books and not any other novels, so I'm grateful to the author.