January 1, 2012

Books for Christmas and a Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Since I am always pleased to receive books as gifts - that is pretty much what I got. This year I mostly bought my own presents or told hubby what to buy. I received:

  1. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
  2. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
  3. Zombie Haiku by Ryan Mecum
Mini reviews
  • Lola - I loved this book so much I spent all day after Christmas reading it. I loved Lola because she likes to costume herself. It's an art form. She goes for themes and goes all out including wigs and making her own clothing. I am so not like that, but if I had an alternate personality or a limitless shopping account I could imagine myself like that.
  • Zombies - First off I have wanted to read this book since hearing about it some time ago. I even wrote my own zombie haiku  - Spam is Good Brain Food. I saw the book at B&N while Christmas shopping and bought it for myself. I must say it was exactly what I expected and beyond. Yes, I admit it grossed me out just a bit. A lot of it was quite humorous though. It's a quick, fun read, but maybe better if you're not eating something while reading. If you are squeamish I probably wouldn't pick it up. Lovely visuals (pictures of scary zombie people) and faux blood-splattered pages too. I am inspired. Maybe I should write a haiku book...only less gruesome.

I haven't read Touch of Power yet, but I can't wait. I haven't read a book by Maria Snyder that I didn't love. 

Which books did you receive for Christmas? 

Photobucket

1 Comments:

Four Winns said...

Hooray For Fish! It rocks.