I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Since I am always pleased to receive books as gifts - that is pretty much what I got. This year I mostly bought my own presents or told hubby what to buy. I received:
- Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Zombie Haiku by Ryan Mecum
- Lola - I loved this book so much I spent all day after Christmas reading it. I loved Lola because she likes to costume herself. It's an art form. She goes for themes and goes all out including wigs and making her own clothing. I am so not like that, but if I had an alternate personality or a limitless shopping account I could imagine myself like that.
- Zombies - First off I have wanted to read this book since hearing about it some time ago. I even wrote my own zombie haiku - Spam is Good Brain Food. I saw the book at B&N while Christmas shopping and bought it for myself. I must say it was exactly what I expected and beyond. Yes, I admit it grossed me out just a bit. A lot of it was quite humorous though. It's a quick, fun read, but maybe better if you're not eating something while reading. If you are squeamish I probably wouldn't pick it up. Lovely visuals (pictures of scary zombie people) and faux blood-splattered pages too. I am inspired. Maybe I should write a haiku book...only less gruesome.