April 20, 2009

Let's Be Friends


I got the Let's Be Friends Award from Britt of the Confessions of a Book Habitue blog. Thanks Britt.

"Blogs that received the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers."

I am honored. Now to pass on the torch. I Choo-choo-choose these bloggers.

  1. Cecilia from The Epic Rat. This is one of my new found favorite blogs. Not only does she blog books, but musicals too. I also am excited to be a winner of her Wicked contest. More on that later. Go check her blog, it's amazing.
  2. Jen aka Ladytink from The Movieholic & Bibliophile's Blog. Aw, two of my favorite things, movies and books. She puts a lot of insight and time into her posts. Plus she's a Disney enthusiast.
  3. Sally, Amy and Leah from The Friendly Book Nook. Their blog is so cutesy. For reals, I love their template. I love their book reviews too. Amy also blogs on her own book blog - the My Friend Amy blog. You see, the thing is, my name is Amy too!! So I have an automatic kinship to anyone named Amy.
  4. Now, I'm not trying to aggrandize myself or anything, but I have to thank Rachel from The Joy of Reading book blog. I am a contributor on her blog, but there are other great contributors as well.
  5. Sharon from Shermeree's Musings. She's a librarian and knows her stuff on children's and teen's books. So if you need advice for a good YA book or series, she'll have some recommendations.
  6. Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? I follow Trish on Twitter. Check out her vlog with Natasha from the Maw Books Blog and Amy from My Friend Amy. It's all about why they became book bloggers.
  7. Mrs. B Roth from The Mysterious Mrs. B Roth. She is one sassy lady, and I like it! She's a mom, and LDS, and a Pepsi drinker. We have so many things in common. Now for your enjoyment is a Youtube video of her home teacher, who happens to be a comedian. You have to watch it, it's seriously funny.
  8. Melissa from One Librarian's Book Reviews and Natasha from The Maw Books Blog. I know you ladies were already given this award from Britt, but I had to mention you again. You see, Natasha's blog was my first dive into book blogs. I had no idea there was a whole community. I just love Melissa's blog. It's fun, and I like her book rating system. It works well for me. Thanks ladies!
Wow, I'm tired from thinking of bloggers to honor. Really, I don't know that many. For more great blogs you can check out my left sidebar. Now for a little something extra...

Friends, Romans, Bloggers..
Lend me your blogs for awhile
Thank you, come again.

5 Comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

How sweet! Thank you for the award!!!

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Thank you so much, you're so kind. And we DO have so much in common (she types as she chugs the last of her 2nd can of pepsi for today ...).

Happy Days!

Sassy? ? Hey! What's that supposed to mean? she snorts impudently.

Haiku Amy said...

Mrs. B Roth - I would say lively and spirited. Believe me, I meant it in the best possible way.

Sharon said...

Thank you for the kind mention.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Thanks Amy! Sorry for such a late reply! Thanks for the kind mention! And you've awarded some great blogs!