October 27, 2009

The Classics Circuit

Hi everybody. I just wanted to spread the news about a new Classics Circuit. The idea was hatched on the Rebecca Reads blog. The first classics tour is coming up starting next Monday. The first author is going to be Wilkie Collins. Click the link for the tour list. Overlapping in November and December will also be Elizabeth Gaskell. I myself have read and reviewed two of Gaskell's novels: North and South; and Wives and Daughters. You can read those reviews on The Joy of Reading book blog.

I haven't read any from Wilkie Collins, but I did check out The Moonstone from the library. I'll be starting that shortly. If you are interested in the classics then this could be fun. Also, soon there will be a sign-up for the tour in January and February. There is a list of American authors to vote on. The choices are Mark Twain, Willa Cather, John Steinbeck, and Edith Wharton. Go to the Classics Circuit blog to vote.

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Suey said...

I am so in on this! I'm doing Wilkie in December. I wanted to do Elizabeth too, but decided I better not bite off more than I can chew! :) I think this idea is going to be a blast.

Rebecca Reid said...

thanks for the post, Amy! I'm really excited to see how the tours play out, and I have such a hard time deciding which authors to vote for every time! All of them will be great.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I should have chosen a Wilkie book, since I've never read one, but I am doing Elizabeth Gaskell.

Hey, I just got the Pay it Forward goodies you sent! Awesome, thanks!