June 20, 2009

Bloggiesta Update #1

Is it a sad thing that my arm muscles are starting to ache? One might think I'd been on the computer all day. Total Hours spent: Approximately 9

I going to attempt to list the things I did for Bloggiesta today. I didn't keep great account of what articles I read or blogs I commented on, but here is the other stuff I attempted.

Mini Challenges: I looked at 6 of 12, and almost completed them too!
Ruth from Bookish Ruth - I analyzed my blog through Website Grader. My blog received a 67% rating and a reading level Primary. That sounds pretty good to me. I got some ideas there for increasing my rating.

Andrea from Book Blather - Read 5 articles from 27 Must Read Tips and Tutorials for Bloggers (I read 7)

  1. How to Get Traffic to Your Blog
  2. First, 10
  3. 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic
  4. A Complete Guide to Finding and Using Incredible Flickr Images
  5. How to Start of Start Over Building Your Personal Brand
  6. 10 Reasons Readers Don't Leave Comments
  7. 40 Ways to Deliver Killer Blog Content
Michelle from GalleySmith - Learned about Anchor Text

Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?
- Gravatars and Favicons. I signed up for a Gravatar, and yippee - It Works! I previously had a favicon, but for some unknown reason it isn't working anymore. Pain! Another roadbump, iconj has been mysteriously doing site maintenance all day today. I guess I'll tackle the favicon problem tomorrow.

Amy from My Friend Amy - Blog Buddies!! I read Find a blog buddy from Pro Blogger. I haven't yet found a blog buddy. I started this one kind of late and figured people would be sleeping. Anyone using Blogger want to be my blog buddy? Just thought I'd ask.

Jen from Devourer of Books - Updating Key Pages or Posts. I updated my About Me section on my blog. Then I started editing and cleaning up my posts. I did the mini-challenge requirement of 5 posts, but I want to eventually get through all of them. Don't worry, I don't have an exorberant amount.

Posts:
I posted a book review for Previously Engaged by Elodia Strain over on The Joy of Reading Book Blog. For those who don't know, I'm one of a group of authors there.

I scheduled a post for Saturday morning on The Joy of Reading Book Blog. That will be a book review of Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.

Bloggy Stuff:
  1. I tried to register my blog with Technorati. That site was having problems. I guess I'll try that again later.
  2. I set up Feedburner. I am a newbie at that. They have a lot of bells and whistles. Any tips on how to best utilize that would be helpful.
  3. Started applying labels to my posts. Yuck, trying to categorize stuff is not my favorite thing. I think I'm about halfway done on that.
  4. I shall now be known as Haiku Amy. Previously known as Amy Btw M, Amersmiller, or maybe any number of related names.
  5. Set up a new e-mail address: haikuamy@gmail.com for bloggy related stuff
I think that is pretty much what I did today, other than tweeting and checking out other people's bloggiesta stuff.

I hope I have time for Bloggiesta tomorrow. I have a few more book reviews to do, and I'd like to work a little bit on my blog template. Those other 6 mini challenges are calling to me as well. Right now I am pooped. Well, it is 3:15 AM, so technically I am already at tomorrow as I've been calling it. I better go get some sleep. Happy Blogging!

5 Comments:

Heidenkind said...

You did a lot of stuff! Technorati has definitely been buggy tonight. It is evil; I've decided. ;)

If you would like to be my blog buddy you can e-mail me. I'm not sure what kinds of books you read or anything; you might want to pick a blogger you're more familiar with.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Wow! I'm totally behind in comparison! I'd be willing to be a blog buddy with you. Let me know.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

You are doing awesome Amy! And personally, I like Haiku Amy. Very nice!

Susan Whelan said...

It looks like you've managed to achieve quite a bit at Bloggiesta.

It's almost over now and with the many distractions this weekend I've managed to put in about 10 hours all up. Not as much as I had hoped, but enough to get me started on a few projects.

If you're still looking for a blogging buddy I'd love to pair up with you, although my blog is on Wordpress. Let me know if you're interested.

Haiku Amy said...

Thanks for all your offers for Blog Buddies. That is kind of you. Melissa and I are going to be buddies, but if any one else ever wants advice don't be afraid to ask. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Thanks for all the encouragement.