Is it a sad thing that my arm muscles are starting to ache? One might think I'd been on the computer all day. Total Hours spent: Approximately 9
I going to attempt to list the things I did for Bloggiesta today. I didn't keep great account of what articles I read or blogs I commented on, but here is the other stuff I attempted.
Mini Challenges: I looked at 6 of 12, and almost completed them too!
Ruth from Bookish Ruth - I analyzed my blog through Website Grader. My blog received a 67% rating and a reading level Primary. That sounds pretty good to me. I got some ideas there for increasing my rating.
Andrea from Book Blather - Read 5 articles from 27 Must Read Tips and Tutorials for Bloggers (I read 7)
- How to Get Traffic to Your Blog
- First, 10
- 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic
- A Complete Guide to Finding and Using Incredible Flickr Images
- How to Start of Start Over Building Your Personal Brand
- 10 Reasons Readers Don't Leave Comments
- 40 Ways to Deliver Killer Blog Content
Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? - Gravatars and Favicons. I signed up for a Gravatar, and yippee - It Works! I previously had a favicon, but for some unknown reason it isn't working anymore. Pain! Another roadbump, iconj has been mysteriously doing site maintenance all day today. I guess I'll tackle the favicon problem tomorrow.
Amy from My Friend Amy - Blog Buddies!! I read Find a blog buddy from Pro Blogger. I haven't yet found a blog buddy. I started this one kind of late and figured people would be sleeping. Anyone using Blogger want to be my blog buddy? Just thought I'd ask.
Jen from Devourer of Books - Updating Key Pages or Posts. I updated my About Me section on my blog. Then I started editing and cleaning up my posts. I did the mini-challenge requirement of 5 posts, but I want to eventually get through all of them. Don't worry, I don't have an exorberant amount.
I posted a book review for Previously Engaged by Elodia Strain over on The Joy of Reading Book Blog. For those who don't know, I'm one of a group of authors there.
I scheduled a post for Saturday morning on The Joy of Reading Book Blog. That will be a book review of Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.
- I tried to register my blog with Technorati. That site was having problems. I guess I'll try that again later.
- I set up Feedburner. I am a newbie at that. They have a lot of bells and whistles. Any tips on how to best utilize that would be helpful.
- Started applying labels to my posts. Yuck, trying to categorize stuff is not my favorite thing. I think I'm about halfway done on that.
- I shall now be known as Haiku Amy. Previously known as Amy Btw M, Amersmiller, or maybe any number of related names.
- Set up a new e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org for bloggy related stuff
I hope I have time for Bloggiesta tomorrow. I have a few more book reviews to do, and I'd like to work a little bit on my blog template. Those other 6 mini challenges are calling to me as well. Right now I am pooped. Well, it is 3:15 AM, so technically I am already at tomorrow as I've been calling it. I better go get some sleep. Happy Blogging!