June 16, 2009

It's What Fun Is

Hi folks. I realize it's been a little while since I posted anything. The thing is, I've been at Lagoon. For those of you who don't know, Lagoon is an amusement park. It is pretty fun for us crazy Utahans. I've spent my entire lifetime going there every summer. I even worked there for 3 summers, and if you would have asked me back then it was the most evil place on Earth. Not now though, oh no...it is happy, fun land now. A great place to take the kiddos when they are bored out of their gourd. Here is something I bet you didn't know. Lagoon boasts the 2nd biggest zoo in Utah. Ha ha ha. Oh, it just kills me, ya know? The Hogle Zoo is the biggest zoo in Utah. I don't believe there are any other zoos in Utah, but I may just be surprised to find out who brags the 3rd biggest zoo. I wonder who it could be? So anyway, if I'm absent from the world wide web this summer, chances are good that I'll be at Lagoon.


Another little known fact: These boats have been pulling the kiddos in a circle since 1963. I wonder what the oldest ride in the park is? *Edit* Hey, I found out the Carousel is the oldest ride in the park. Here is a link to Lagoon park history, if anyone is particularly interested. Where is your favorite amusement park?

Hot, swirling, fury
Every twist and turn makes ill
One whose stomach flops


3 Comments:

orangemily said...

I worked at Lagoon for 3 summers too! I did handstamping in '96, Admissions in '97 and Campground in '98.
There is a little zoo in Logan, it's very cute.

Candi said...

I'm nominating the Kerksiek's nursery as the third largest zoo in Utah.

Haiku Amy said...

That's great! I like the idea of nominating zoos. Wow, I've never been to a zoo in Logan, but that would make sense.

Thinking of zoos, maybe I should post the picture I got with me and a baby camel. Something to think about.