November 11, 2009

Reading Journal October 2009

Here I am partway through November, and I almost forgot to do my Reading Journal for October. I didn't really read all that many books in October. Actually, I am struggling to remember if I read more than the two classics I finished.

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (this one actually spanned a few months)
Shudder by Jennie Hansen

I guess that pretty much sums it up. Three books in a month. I don't quite know what to think about that. Life just gets busy I guess. At this point it doesn't look like November is faring any better.

I did complete the classics challenge, so that is something I am proud of anyway. Here are the books I had planned to read on my Classics Starting Post. I read 7 books. I stuck pretty well to the list except I read Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson instead of Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. I still have some classics on my shelf that I am attempting to get to.

Books Finished for Classics Challenge

  1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  2. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott
  3. Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott
  4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  5. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  6. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
  7. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy


Photobucket

3 Comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

well, if I'm not mistaken, Three Musketeers is long enough to count for three books! I understand life getting busy :)

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Your wrap up reminds me that I haven't gotten around to mine either! How long is The Three Musketeers? I love the feeling you get when you read a chunkster!

Haiku Amy said...

I don't know how long it was, but it was pretty long. It felt good to finally be done with it. Not because it wasn't a good book, but because I took forever to get through it.